Hello all, welcome! This is a blog structured around my ambition to visit all of the 403 Ordnance Survey Explorer map areas in Britain. I post here when I visit a new part of Britain, a map area that has not yet featured on the blog; expect a combination of travel to interesting places, travel to less interesting places, and my strange set of personal interests!
- For an introduction to this blog, why I made it, and about me, go to the About page.
- To read my latest posts, go to, er, Latest posts, or see the “recent posts” links in the sidebar.
- If you want a good one, a few of my favourite posts (though not necessarily my favourite places) are 210: Steeple Bumpstead, OL18: Blaenau Ffestiniog, 443: Ben Armine & Ben Klibreck, 173: London North, and 458: West Lewis, which I think vaguely illustrate what I want this blog to be about.
- Also probably particularly notable, though not about a single map area, is Chase Game 2019, my writeup of a game I played with a friend involving GPS trackers and the whole of Britain as our playground!
- You can track my progress, seeing which maps I have visited so far, at The Maps (Current progress).
The other pages on the blog are:
- The Rules, which clarifies how exactly I define having visited a map, and other nitpicky issues like that,
- List of Posts, a chronological index of posts since I started this blog.
- List of Posts with Descriptions of Content, which is fairly self-explanatory (and incomplete).
- The Chronological Index of Pre-Blog Trips, which is an index to the holidays and trips of my pre-blog life, allowing you to match up their stories in the various blog posts they end up in.